It is manned by volunteers and is open every day from 10 am to 4 pm. Admission is free, although voluntary donations are welcomed.
The museum was opened in 1933 by the Provincial Grand Master of Kent, the Rt Hon The Lord Cornwallis, and registered as a charity in 1993 under number 1018784.
It has been redeveloped and improved several times over the years, most recently in 2012.
The museum contains an interesting collection of Masonic artefacts and paintings collected over the years and giving a profile of Freemasonry in Kent.
There is also a very interesting and colourful series of information boards that give a chronological history of English Freemasonry and its development in Kent.
Audio-visual systems make use of modern technology to further inform our visitors.
Adjoining the museum is an extensive library containing a large collection of Masonic books. The library includes a research room with access to Wi-Fi for visitors that wish to access the internet with their laptops.
For those who want to investigate their non-masonic family history, the library houses one of the largest collections of genealogy books and documents for family history in the south-east of England.
Please click here for more information about the Kent Museum of Freemasonry.