Confused by the Internet? Don’t know your Post from a Tweet?
Page from a Group?
What’s on and Where?
The Province of East Kent is now on many social sites, here is a guide to what they are and where you can find them.
The Provincial Website
What is it? This is the main website for all things Freemasonry in the Province of East Kent. You can find information on:
- Events, both Provincial and Local
- Charity, our link with the Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons Charity, the Masonic Charitable Foundation. Local Charities supported by you and your Lodges or Chapters.
- Sports. Links to the various sporting societies in the Province, Golf, Rugby, Shooting and the Masonic Fishing Charity.
- Contact, want to contact the Provincial Office, our Media rep, the website? it’s all here.
- Find a Lodge or Chapter. Looking for contact details for a local Lodge or Chapter? Want to find out when they meet? What Ritual?
- Links. Here you will find links to the Just Ask One website and Your Province. More details below.
So, that’s the Provincial website. If you have a story, let us know, want to advertise your Lodge event? Get in contact.
Just Ask One Website
So our next website.
Probably one that not many of us use, but why not?
Here you will find answers to many questions.
- Who can Join?
- How do I join Freemasonry?
- Why Join?
- What’s it all about?
- And many FAQ’s answering those questions we have all been asked?
The 2025 Festival Website
So to our newest site, a site dedicated to all things 2025 festival.
- News of Festival Events.
- How to Donate to the Festival.
- Who are the Festival Team.
- The Masonic Charitable Foundation, who are they, what do they do?
- Documents. Forms for donating, Gift Aid Guidance, Sponsorship forms and help and much more, all to download.
Another website that is a wealth of information, unfortunately, only for Freemasons in the Province of East Kent.
This is a site that you have to sign up for. It will open the doors to many, many useful pieces of information. You can even book for Provincial meetings!
The Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons Charity.
This site is all about the Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons Charity. Its aim, to support charities and voluntary organisations within the communities of the Masonic Province of East Kent as well as assisting individuals in appropriate cases.
- To provide assistance to those with limited resources and in necessitous circumstances.
- To make emergency grants to relieve distress arising from disasters occurring in East Kent or to relieve distress arising from disasters occurring inside or outside East Kent affecting those persons residing or working in East Kent.
- For such other exclusively charitable institutions objects or purposes as the Trustees shall in their absolute discretion from time to time determine.
The Kent Museum of Freemasonry.
Another website that is a wealth of information and one that is dedicated to all things Freemasonry in the Province of Kent.
Open to all and located in the heart of Canterbury’s tourist route, you will find the Kent Museum of Freemasonry close to the Westgate Towers and a five minute stroll from the Cathedral. Entrance is free of charge, although voluntary donations are welcomed.
From the numerous first class reviews, it is well worth a visit for Freemasons and non freemasons alike.
So that’s the websites associated with the Province of East Kent. bet you didn’t know we had so many?
The top three are run by the Comms team, and we welcome your feedback, suggestions, news and events. Just contact us and we will be in touch. So, what’s next? Social Media!
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Just to name a few. All used by the Province to get news stories, Charitable events and let everyone know the great work that we are doing around East Kent. So lets take a look at each.
Ever heard of it? Used it? Been on it? No! Well here goes…..
Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site, which is available in 37 different languages, includes public features such as: Groups. Events. Pages.
The Province uses two Facebook sites, one a group and one a page.
The Group allows members of our Province to talk to each other about all things Freemasonry, it is a “closed” Group. Only members of East Kent Freemasons can join, and we are free to discuss about what we do in our Lodges and Chapters. We help and support new and old members, offer advice and support and promote the companionship we all enjoy in freemasonry.
The “Open” Page. This page is open to anyone of Facebook. With an audience or over 2.4 BILLION worldwide, you an see why we need to be on the site. We use this page to let the world know what we in East Kent are doing, publisize our events, share our news and spread the word and good work that we do.
Stats from the world wide web.
- The 2nd most visited site in the World!
- The number of people who use YouTube? 1.3 Billion.
- 8 out of 10 18 -49 year old watch YouTube.
- Owned by Google.
YouTube is one of the most popular video sharing platforms and the second largest search engine behind Google Search. Billions of videos have been uploaded and shared on the platform since it was founded in 2005, ranging from Hollywood movie trailers and music videos, to amateur vlogs (video blogs) and videos of cats.
So what has East Kent Freemasons posted?
We have a number of videos on the site, ranging from the Launch slide for the 2025 Festival, to our latest feature called the Interview Room.
This is where we talk to members of the Province who have an interesting story to tell. Want to take part? Get in touch.
Our latest interview is with Matt Mitchell who is trying to set a Guinness World Record for the highest game of Rugby.
Stats from YouTube.
What is it? It’s a great place for keeping people informed on what you are up to without the need to spend a lot of time crafting an entire post on the subject. You just say what’s up and leave it at that. The essence is that it is sharing short messages with your “followers”, letting them know your latest news, what you are doing or for a company coordinating business.
We at East Kent use it to share our news stories that we post on the Provincial website. Each time we add a news story to the website, it immediately goes to Twitter and Facebook.
500 Million Tweets are sent each day.
326 Million people use twitter each day.
Stats from https://blog.hootsuite.com/twitter-statistics/
Instagram is a popular photo-sharing app for smartphones. Compared with other social networks, Instagram is relatively simple—it’s focused mainly on sharing photos and videos with your friends.
So here at East Kent, we can share photos quickly of our social events, charitable events and so much more. This part of our social media profile is still in its early stage. With endless possibilities to reach a wide audience, we are keen to link all our sites and let the World know what the Province of East Kent is doing.
So that’s Social Media and website used by the Province of East Kent, there are many many more, no doubt some of you use them.
Let us know what you would like to see us use, send us your stories from your Lodge or Chapter. Let us know what your Lodge of Chapter are doing in the local community. You have seen the number of users out there, lets together let them know all about, Freemasonry in the Province of East Kent.