Heritage Open Day
Heritage Day Event
Saturday 9th September 2023
Masonic Hall and Temple will be open for Ladies, Gentlemen and Masons from 10:00am to 4.00pm. to view the building and ask questions about our society. There will be a large display of Motorcycles.
We are excited to welcome The Widows Sons Bikers from both West and East Kent to the event.
There will be Harley Davidson’s, Triumphs, Hondas and many more, plus some custom Machines made by DFX Moto Works from Maidstone.
Come and see this Shed Built: ‘Radial Nerve’ – 360cc 7 cylinder radial engine. Image below
Just think about it: An aircraft engine in a motor bike!!
– Tea and coffee will be available and guided tours with questions and answer sessions will be available through-out the day.
– The Order of Women Freemasons will have a stand to show visitors this aspect of very popular and fast-growing Freemasonry.
– There will be other displays, including “Teddies for Loving Care”, where teddy bears are donated to hospitals for the doctors to hand to frightened children to ease them in their care.
– A display of ancient hop equipment, (such an important part of our Paddock Wood heritage).
– There will be a revolving TV display of a number of 5 minute shows talking about some of the aspects of Freemasonry.
– Freemasonry is a charity-giving organisation and various displays will show how some of our charitable donations have been used by local charities.
(Further attractions are being discussed and agreed upon, so keep an eye on this page for updates)