Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons’ Charity
On Thursday 16th October 2014 at the Provincial Officers’ Mess, the Head of East Kent Freemasons, Provincial Grand Master Geoffrey Dearing, announced that the new charity was “up and running”. The charity combines the Provincial Grand Master’s Charity, a smaller East Kent Craft Charity and the Royal Arch Charity. There is now one complete charity covering all charitable activities in the Province. It also incorporates the Cornwallis Trust Fund; the trustees of that fund being confident that the objects of the new charity are similar.
The name of the fund recognises the input of the First and Second Baron Cornwallis, both with regard to their own trust and the fact that the First and Second Baron Cornwallis were Provincial Grand Masters in Kent, and from 1973 in East Kent, for a period of 75 years. Something that is never likely to be repeated.
It is a grant-making charity reaching out to good causes in East Kent with the following aims and objectives:
Its aim is to support East Kent Communities by providing financial help and relief for charities, voluntary organisations and individuals in need.
- To make grants to charities, voluntary organisations and local community groups within East Kent
- To provide financial help and relief to individuals in need across Kent
- To grant emergency relief in times of disaster to those living or working in East Kent
- To support the work of our Almoners
The charity will be investing in a brighter future, by assisting the vulnerable and funding opportunities for the disadvantaged in our communities.
It is committed to providing funding for:
- Vulnerable People – improving the lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged in our communities
- Care for the seriously ill and older people
- Support for Carers
- Relieving Poverty and Distress
- Youth Opportunities – helping children and young adults reach their full potential through
- Youth groups and organisations
- Developing life and work related skills
- Focus on disadvantaged young people
- Under 25s
- The work of our Almoners
- Local charitable initiatives
- Assisting the Family of Freemasonry
Click here for a copy of the charity’s leaflet, issued March 2015.
Examples of grants recently awarded to groups and individuals can be found by visiting: www.cornwallisekfc.org.uk/recently-received-grants/
Donations can be made direct to: Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons’ Charity, 11 Boorman Way, Estuary View Business Park, Whitstable, Kent. CT5 3SE
Telephone: 01227 272944
Alternatively donations and regular giving can be made via the charity’s dedicated Relief Chest E0137 at the Freemasons’ Grand Charity
Further details can be obtained from: www.cornwallisekfc.org.uk