The Order of the Allied Masonic Degrees of England and Wales and Districts and Councils Overseas
The Grand Council of the Order of the Allied Masonic Degrees was established in the 1870s and the Headquarters are at Mark Masons’ Hall. Since 1931 the Order has been responsible for the following Five Degrees :-
1. Degree of St. Lawrence the Martyr. This Degree teaches the value of fortitude and humility in the face of adversity as demonstrated by the martyrdom of St. Lawrence. It is the first to be taken by candidates admitted to the Order, the others may be taken in any sequence.
2. Degree of Knight of Constantinople. Relates to the reign of the Emperor Constantine the Great and teaches the virtues of humility and equality.
3. Degree of Grand Tilers of Solomon or Masons Elect of Twenty-seven. Bears some similarity with the Cryptic Degree of Select Master but with interesting variations. It warns of the dangers of carelessness and hasty judgment and the importance of proper tiling.
4. The Red Cross of Babylon. Is of considerable antiquity and is profoundly mystical. It is generally associated with the Holy Royal Arch. It emphasises the importance of Fidelity, Integrity and Truth.
5. The Holy Order of the Grand High Priest. This is also of considerable antiquity and has been closely associated with the Holy Royal Arch. The ceremony is dramatic and is of a profound and spiritual nature.
Regalia requirements are fairly minimal comprising the tie of the Order and either a composite breast jewel with representations of each of the five degrees or a bar with five miniature jewels. If brethren subsequently achieve District or Grand Rank regalia an appropriate collar is worn.
Candidates for the Order must be both Mark Master Masons and Royal Arch Companions.
The equivalent of a Lodge is called a Council. There are four Councils in the Masonic Province of East Kent
54 Invicta 3rd Monday February, 2nd Monday June and 4th Monday October, Gillingham
65 Canterbury 1st Friday June, 2nd Friday September and November, Canterbury
99 Ashford 1st 5th Tuesday, 4th Wednesday July and 1st Wednesday September, Ashford
210 White Cliffs of Dover 4th Monday March, 2nd Monday June and 3rd Monday September, Dover
273 Roy Albert John Williams 3rd, 5th Monday in the calendar year, Gillingham
Other Councils in the Kent District meet at Bromley, Sidcup and Wrotham
Name: Jody Townsend
Position: District Grand Secretary
Telephone: Home: 01732 507376
Contact the District Grand Secretary